Yes, I’m aware that we all have times when we wait until the very last minute to complete a much needed project, schedule a doctor’s appointment, choose a gift for a wedding, get your hair done, pick your children up from school etc. Why?
Let’s be honest because we are always “think” we have plenty of time, so we put it off. WHY? Because we also like to believe that we have super powers that get us in the right place at the right time. Why? Because WE DO!!
So in the mean time what do we do? We stress, we worry and push those things in the back of our minds and our schedules because the anxiety of actually getting started takes over you, so you find something “else” that most times is even less important to busy yourself with or you just get lazy all together. You lack motivation, and it overwhelms your energy, you begin to think negatively about the outcome, so now NOTHING gets DONE! This feeling will now become part of your physical, you begin to experience pain, headaches, chest aches, etc. When everything works out in the end, the damage to your mind, body, and spirit is already done.
Your temporarily lost trust, and/or lost “self”, and even though you landed on your feet, your body(vehicle) still took a hit. You still took yourself through the motions.
This is the reason why I always say: “Take care of your business, Don’t let your business take care of you!” Oh and it WILL.
When the business isn’t taken care of, you are showing you have no control. When I say there isn’t any control this means either you have no control over everything that is on your plate (taking too much on) or that you have other habits, addictions, and distractions that could have your mind and time tied up and cuts into productivity.
Is it possible that a calendar, computer, and phone can demand your time and tell you what to do? Yes, it is possible, but we shouldn’t let it happen. Our responsibilities in life shouldn’t be juggling us, we should be juggling THEM and putting them in their respective places.
Remember, your body is a place to view the world from and there are many things that it requires to thrive and give you your best life experience! The most important part life is the breath, and the inhale and exhale of simply breathing. When business is taken care of and all your ducks are in a row, you truly FLOW!
Collect items that can help with grounding, relaxation, and focus:
Candles, Incense, Essential oils, crystals/stones, water bowl
Deep breaths in and out from abdomen in counts of 10 very slowly
Write down list of things that you need to square away
Check them off as you get them done
Mediate/pray/call on Higher self and/or Spirit guides
Take your time(mindfulness)
Be loyal to yourself!
5 things to keep in mind whenever you feel like you are sliding towards procrastinating and staying productive.
- Stop and think. Is what you are doing right now important? Is this helping you move forward? Can this wait?
- Prioritize. What’s most important? What cant wait? What may take the longest? Cost the most?
- Listen to your body. Are you hungry? sleepy? Sad? Angry? These are elements that can add to a bad mood, or lack of motivation towards a situation or task.
- Is my environment motivating? What about your immediate environment is keeping you from getting your work done? Too loud? You like to work alone? Negative environment? Fear of failure? Fear of Success?
- Speak more positively! You can and WILL do it! You are without mistakes! All is well! Speak positive affirmations on your day and visualize how you want to see things turn out. Say things like: ” I am always on time” . “Everything gets done in a perfect way”. “I am very successful at completing my tasks”.
These are things that will help you see things another way and to shift your way of thinking whenever you feel stuck. We all have moments of despair, forgetfulness, and confusion about where we are supposed to be doing, and when? Distractions come and moods change, in the meantime get some personal “down time” to feel better when it comes to getting things done.